Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Traveling Day (St. Patrick's Day)

Up around 2 am again. UGH! At least I've had a total of 6 hours of sleep over the past 24 hours. The girls staggered up again starting at 2:30 am. I'm praying for better sleep tonight.

Today is St. Patrick's Day in the USA. That is not a holiday celebrated in China. Actually, none of the US holidays are celebrated here for the most part. But the Leprechauns still managed to stop by our hotel room anyways. Our room was too much of a mess to bother to party in and leave a mess so they just left a few books for the girls and took off before they wouldn't be able to find their way out of our room.

Today is a shopping for the children day with our agency. Since I don't need too much for Kaiden, we are going to skip that and head out to the M's right after breakfast. We thought about visiting the Blue Zoo since it is only 15 minutes away but I really just wanted to get there. We've been very blessed by being invited by the More family to stay with them in their home while we are in China. That is a blessing beyond what I can write about. They have a beautiful house with plenty of room, a kitchen where we can cook and eat normal meals in, plus 2 beautiful daughters close in age to our girls.

We are now about a 30 minute $15 dollar taxi ride from the hotel. We are saving $274 per night on the hotel suite so it's well worth the money and time spent in the taxi. We thought that we were going to have to take 2 taxis but as it turns out, we don't. More on that later. It did however take us 2 taxis to get out here because of all of our luggage. Remember that traveling light we were going to do???

Once we got to the Ms', we were able to unpack, have some lunch with Mrs. M, and relax. Mrs. also took me for a short bike ride to a shopping plaze that had a small baby shop in it where I was able to buy a few things that I needed for Kaiden. I'm sure I'll be back there over the next 1.5 weeks. I'm heading to bed early again but hoping to get back to a normal schedule this week.

No comments: