Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gotcha Day

Today was "Gotcha Day". This is where we went to the Civil Affairs office to start the adoption paperwork process. It's not finalized for 5 business days or so while they process it but he is officially ours now. It was supposed to only take an hour but the office had just moved and they were very unorganized. It took us almost 2 hours. It was a long time for all 4 of the kids to sit still. Kaiden did sleep for most of it though and now his schedule is off. Oh well.

Pete had to go back to the orphanage with the guide because the bank was not open yesterday for us to exchange money for the orphanage 'donation'. I love how they call it a donation. A mandatory donation of $5000 for your child. It is a beautiful orphanage though. From the little bit that we were able to see, it is well kept up. We were only allowed to see the entrance and the conference room though. No children were in sight.

I'm going to attempt to get all 4 kids down for a nap and then take one myself. I'm at least going to try. They've been up since about 3:30 am so I'm hoping they can go to sleep. I can't have them falling asleep at 5 pm again today.

I need to find something good to eat as well. Granola bars are not cutting it.

Tomorrow we head over to the M's place for the next 11 days.

No comments: