Tuesday, February 13, 2007


I've updated the Timeline with all our fingerprint appointment information. This may seem unimportant but it is very important. The last step that we need to complete before we can mail off our Dossier to China is our I-600A application. The USCIS won't process that without our fingerprints which can only be down at their office in downtown Detroit on Jefferson avenue. We had heard rumors that we could just show up on a Saturday after 1 pm and they would be slow and would probably just process us. We tried that but it didn't work so we had to wait almost another week until our appointment time. It is times like this that I struggle with my patience. I just keep asking God to get me through it and it is all working out so far. We have 8 weeks left if we are going to make the deadline of getting our Dossier logged in to China prior to the May 1, 2007 date of when the requirements for adoption will change and we will no longer be eligible. I know it is all in God's hands but I sure am trying to help him out : )

Up until this point we haven't wanted to think about what we will do should we not make the log in date. But something in me (could be the Type A personality) today told me to start to have a Plan B. So now in my spare time I am researching other countries. It is not ideal for us, but I am researching Taiwan and Kazakhstan. Both countries are Chinese so we would still be able to adopt a Chinese girl. We would of course have to change agencies which we don't want to do. We have already paid GWCA a lot of money and are happy with their services to date. We would also have to spend more money on a homestudy update as well as a new I600A application. It would also mean more than one travel trip which we didn't want to do either and we both want to travel.