Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Possible Spelling Name Change

We are considering changing the spelling of Kaden's name. Still Kaden but spelled differently. Things were a lot easier when I had a girl and a boy name picked out and spelled for him. I've had over 2 years to think about this. Then all of a sudden when we were faced with what I thought was 24 hours to decide on his name, I wasn't settled. Pete and I contemplated many different options but I was just so tired and asked if we could just keep it simple and go with Kaden. But since we made that decision, it just didn't look right. I know most people will think that I'm making too much of this but I don't think so. He'll have to live with this decision for the rest of his life. I don't want it to be a rash decision. I like Kayden but it looks girly. Then Kaiden came to me today. I like it. Pete likes it. But we are going to sleep on it for today. I'm very emotional from Sue having her baby boy so I want more time to think about it since we haven't completed any official paperwork for him and his passport has to have his Chinese name on it anyways.

No comments: