Tuesday, November 28, 2006

China's Lost Girls

At the recommendation of many, I bought this movie. I was hoping it would arrive last week so we could watch it over the Thanksgiving break with the girls but it just arrived tonight. I just couldn't wait until this week-end (the girls go to bed at 7 pm so there is not time during the week to watch TV) to watch it so Pete and I went ahead and viewed it. We will watch it again over the week-end with the girls. It was very informative. It re-affirmed our decision to choose China as the country for our international adoption. It just made me even more impatient for the process and teary eyed. When we first started talking about this, agencies were saying the process would take about 14 months after our dossier was sent in. Now just a few months later and they are saying possibly 18 months. I want my little girl now! So if you get a chance, buy this movie to watch. Even if you are not considering adoption, it is very informative as to what is going on in the Chinese culture and what the future looks like for them. It is estimated already that some 10 million boys will go without mates because they outnumber the girls so much.

No comments: