Monday, October 5, 2009

School

Today was Kaiden's third day of 'school'. He has 2 other children in his class, both girls age 28 months old. School is supposed to prepare him socially for public pre-school next year. I still can not fathom the idea of putting him on a school bus and sending him off for the day, even for half of a day. I'm trying to keep my mind open to the possibility but that's difficult.

One girl missed today so it was just him and J. Given that I think 'socializing' my 23 month old who could care less about anything around him or even the people around him for that matter, it was a good day. He rode in a booster seat in a wagon all around the lobby. He didn't like it at first but he tolerated it and then seemed to actually enjoy it. He gave us about 30 minutes of his attention before he had enough and was done for the morning.

I'm still not sold on the idea of going that frequently though. It takes about 2 to 2.5 hours out of our morning. In order to give up that much of our time, something has to be very valuable. Nothing against the teachers or the school district for that matter. I blame it on the No Child Left Behind Act. He'd get more out of OT/PT than he does school.

No comments: