Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rough Day

Today was the roughest day Kaiden has ever had at PT. His therapist is on to him and won't let him not do what he doesn't want to do. This is good in one way because if it was up to him, I think he'd roll his way to driver's education. It is bad in another way because ones he gets upset to the level he was at today, there's no progress being made whatsoever. I respect his PT but I think we need to find a better way.

On the flip side, OT was good. His therapist tried a nutri grain bar with him. As usual, he fussed and didn't like it at first but we both thought we saw him actually chew on it. By the end of our session he was willingly opening his mouth to eat it. I brought the rest of it home to try later tonight with him. We also started him on oral brush therapy. Guess what? He hated it. That's our normal. I do think he'll adjust fine just like he seems to be doing with his regular tooth brushing.

Although he has been gluten/casein free for the past few months, I thought it would be OK to try to bar because I'll try anything to get him to eat table foods.

No comments: