Thursday, August 20, 2009

Neurology Follow-Up

Today was Kaiden's 3 month neurology follow-up. It went just as I had thought it would. We still don't have the test results back from the CGH yet. Today was just 2 weeks and they said 2 - 3 weeks for those to be processed. So, that meant Dr. Allarakhia didn't have much to say. Kaiden is showing immense improvements so that rules out Reyes Syndrome (which we suspected from the beginning). He showed me pictures from the MRI (we had already spoken on the telephone following the MRI when he told me everything looked normal). His brain is mis-shapened from the flat side but he said that would not affect the functioning. His EEG didn't show any seizures and his urinalysis was normal (again, we had already spoken about these things after the tests were done). So, this left us with nothing new to discuss. He was impressed to see his improvements in person but is still convinced that something medical is underlying his delays. I'm beginning to doubt that. He said to come back in 6 months for another follow-up. Unless the CGH shows something to requrie that, we don't think we will need to do that.

Picture

1 comment:

Laurel said...

OH my GOODNESS, Sonyia! I can't BELIEVE how similar a path you've had compared to us! We've also met with Dr A for Gabby. She also has delays...some from institutional living, some from FAS but I know in my heart she is a GIFT from God. I would LOVE to hear much more about your adoption experience. I'll miss seeing you at T3 on Wednesday...but I'm glad Kaiden's getting checked out. :o) Blessings, Laurel