Thursday, December 28, 2006

My feelings on the new requirements

It has been almost one month since I last posted. The reason has been the announcement of the new requirements. We found out about them about 3 weeks ago. They really surprised us. They were unexpected. And there are a lot of changes! These new changes go into effect May 1, 2007. This means our dossier has to be to our agency by April 15 th (so it is a doubly horrible day being tax day too!) in order for our dossier to be logged into the CCAA in time for these new requirements not to apply to us. Based on the new requirements, we will no longer qualify. Those of you that know me, know that this past year I had some issues with anxiety. I have it under control and have for a few months now thanks to a wonderful therapist and medication as needed (which I haven't needed in months either) But this will disqualify us. I started to doubt that the adoption was the right thing for us. I started to think that I misunderstood God's intentions for us. Pete and I prayed and prayed about it and decided to do all that we could to expedite the process. We have a wonderful social worker at Adoption Advocates that is very understanding and is going to do all that she can to help us speed it up. The only glitch we might have is the US government. Currently their website states that they are taking 3 months to process I-600A applications. This is our application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petitions. We need this in order to send our dossier to China. It is going to be very tight but we just might make it time. Please pray that we do.

No comments: